Becoming a New Participant Organization
Organizations that provide direct healthcare to patients can apply to become a ClinicalConnect Participant. To be eligible to be approved as a Participant, the legal entity you represent, and have authority to bind to the ClinicalConnect Participation Agreement, must comply with the ClinicalConnect Terms & Conditions. Please read the Terms & Conditions, and note that additional information about ClinicalConnect is available in other parts of the ClinicalConnect Information website. Physicians are also able to apply for access to ClinicalConnect as Sole Practitioner Participants, and should click here for information related to their application process.
Prior to starting the application process to become a Participant in ClinicalConnect, organizations are encouraged to review the required steps (outlined below) with their LHIN’s cSWO Program's Change Management & Adoption Delivery Partner (click here if you are unsure which LHIN you are in). Your Delivery Partner team can provide support for your organization as it completes the requirements below. It’s expected that all steps to be approved as a Participant Organization are to be completed within a total of 90 calendar days, to help ensure a smooth onboarding process. Failure to complete the steps within the expected timeframe may result in the organization’s Participation Agreement being withdrawn.
Change Management & Adoption Delivery Partner Teams' Contact Information:
Erie St. Clair (LHIN 1): TransForm Shared Service Organization, cSWO@transformsso.ca
South West (LHIN 2): South West Region Change Management and Adoption Delivery Partner, SouthWestcSWO@lhsc.on.ca
Waterloo Wellington (LHIN 3): eHealth Centre of Excellence, email@example.com
Hamilton Niagara Haldimand Brant (LHIN 4): Health Information Technology Services (HITS) eHealth Office at Hamilton Health Sciences, info@HITSeHealth.ca
To apply for access to ClinicalConnect as a healthcare organization:
2. The ClinicalConnect Program Office will review the Participation Agreement and assuming requirements thus far are satisfactorily fulfilled, the Privacy Contact designated in the Participation Agreement will be contacted to submit the Privacy Pre-Assessment (click this link to view a working copy of the Privacy Pre-Assessment, but an electronic, editable copy of the Privacy Pre-Assessment will be emailed to the Privacy Contact when it is required to be completed). It is expected that the Privacy Pre-Assessment (and associated documents) will be returned to the ClinicalConnect Program Office within 30 calendar days of it being made available to the Privacy Contact.
3. The ClinicalConnect Program Office will review the Privacy Pre-Assessment and assuming the requirements are satisfactorily fulfilled, the Privacy Contact will be notified by email to complete two components described below. A username and password will be provided to access both systems identified below. It is expected that these two components be completed within 60 days of the Organization's Privacy Contact receiving their username/password.
- Part 1 (of 2) of the Privacy Contact eLearning Orientation. This is a 50-minute eLearning module and must be completed using the HITS Digital Health Learning Management System before the organization will be approved as a Participant in ClinicalConnect.
- The Privacy & Security Self-Assessment (click this link to view a working copy of the Privacy & Security Self-Assessment, but note that the Self-Assessment must be completed using the Access Governance System (AGS)).
4. Upon submission of all required documentation, and completion of Part 1 of the Privacy Contact eLearning Orientation:
- The application, including all required documentation as outlined above, will be reviewed by the ClinicalConnect Program Office.
- Organization's Legal Signing Authority and Privacy Contact will be notified by email with a decision of their approval or denial to become a ClinicalConnect Participant. In this email, the Privacy Contact will be directed to log into the Learning Management System to complete Part 2 of the Privacy Contact eLearning Orientation. This is a 25-minute eLearning module that focuses on how to use the Security Audit Manager (SAM) online tool to fulfill auditing requirements as a newly-approved ClinicalConnect Participant.
- Upon the Privacy Contact's completion of Part 2 of their orientation, the Organization's Agreement Signatory will be prompted to appoint one or more Local Registration Authorities (LRAs) for their organization; LRAs are responsible for the ongoing management of user accounts for the organization. Appointed LRAs will be emailed instructions to complete a two-part oreintation to the role; Part 1 is an eLearning module, and Part 2 is a webinar-based training about the Access Governance System, and is hosted by the ClinicalConnect Program Office. It is expected that LRAs complete their two-part orientation within 60 calendar days of being appointed to the role.
- Appointed/trained LRAs can then create ClinicalConnect accounts for their organization's end users, with ClinicalConnect training offered by the cSWO Program's Change Management & Adoption Delivery Partners.
Legal Signing Authorities should note the following system/internet browser requirements when submitting the ClinicalConnect Participation Agreement (an online form):
|Microsoft Edge||Latest Version|
|Internet Explorer (Windows only)||8.0 or above - Compatibility mode is supported only for 9.0 and above|
|Mozilla Firefox||Latest Version|
|Google Chrome||Latest Version|
|Apple Safari (Mac OS only)||6.2 or above|
Minimum system requirements if completing Participation Agreement on mobile devices:
|Apple||iOS 7.0 or above|
|Android||4.0 or above|