Resource Centre - Module and Global Preferences
Setting up your personal preferences is essential to how you view information in ClinicalConnect. Due to the large volume of data that is queried from multiple facilities, it is important to configure your preference settings to ensure you’re getting the results you need.
lf you used the previous version of ClinicalConnect (version 4), all your preferences are carried over to the current version of ClinicalConnect (version 5).
Preferences can be accessing from each individual module or from the Global Preferences screen. Preferences only need to be set once, and can be changed anytime.
To access Global Preferences:
1. Open the user menu by clicking your name in the top right toolbar.
2. Click Global Preferences.
The Global Preferences screen contains all preferences settings found throughout ClinicalConnect.
Updating Your Preferences
To update your Global Preferences:
1. Scroll through the list Global Preferences and locate the module, search, or census preferences you want to update.
Clicking the Collapse All button in the Global Preferences header collapses the long list of preferences down to just their main heading titles, making it easier to find the preferences you want to update. Just click the heading of the preferences you want to update to display those preferences. Click the Expand All button to return to the full view of all preferences.
2. Use the drop down boxes to make changes to your preferences.
3. Click the Save button in the Global Preferences header once you have selected the preferences you want to use.
All preference changes are instantly applied throughout ClinicalConnect.
Setting Your Default Screen Layout Preferences
To permanently set your preferences to collapse the Patient Header Timeline and Navigation Menu:
- Scroll through the list of Global Preferences and locate the Patient heading.
- Click the checkboxes to permanently collapse the Patient Header Timeline and Navigation Menu.