Organizations, including Sole Practitioners (Physicians), that provide direct patient care can apply to become a ClinicalConnect Participant. To be eligible to be approved as a Participant, you (if a Health Information Custodian unto yourself) or the legal entity you represent and have authority to bind to the ClinicalConnect Participation Agreement, must comply with the ClinicalConnect Terms & Conditions.
The Effective Date of the new Agreement is Wednesday, July 5, 2017.
To apply for access to ClinicalConnect:
1. First, complete and submit the online Participation Agreement. Your Participation Agreement will be reviewed by the ClinicalConnect Program Office. A Tip Sheet for Sole Practitioners is available to assist in completing the Agreement.
2. The ClinicalConnect Program Office will review the Participation Agreement and assuming requirements thus far are satisfactorily fulfilled, your organization will be contacted to complete next steps as described below:
a) Non-Sole Practitioner HIC Types: Submit the Privacy Pre-Assessment and Supplemental Questions, followed by the Privacy & Security Self-Assessment. Working copies of these documents are available by clicking the respective links, but editable copies of the Privacy Pre-Assessment/Supplemental Questions will be emailed to the Privacy Contact identified in your Participation Agreement (Step 1), followed by instructions to log in to the Access Governance System (AGS) to complete the online Privacy & Security Self-Assessment. A Privacy & Security Toolkit is available to assist in your understanding of the requirements.
b) Sole Practitioner HIC Type: Sole Practitioners will be required to complete an Attestation. A working copy of the Attestation is available by clicking here, but a fillable PDF version of the Attestation will be emailed to Sole Practitioners when it is required to be completed.
3. Upon submission of all required documentation:
- The application, including all required documentation as outlined above, will be reviewed by the ClinicalConnect Program Office.
- Agreement Signatories will be notified by email with a decision to approve or deny the organization/Sole Practitioner’s application to become a Participant.
- Non-Sole Practitioner HIC Types: Agreement Signatories will then be prompted to appoint one or more Local Registration Authorities (LRAs) for their organization who are responsible for the ongoing management of user accounts for the organization. Training for LRAs and end users will follow.
- Sole Practitioner HIC Type: Physicians/Agreement Signatories assume role of Local Registration Authority (LRA), and will be contacted by email to complete a Sole Practitioner Orientation eLearning module, prior to being able to provision access to ClinicalConnect for staff, as well as to PHI within the portal itself. Training for end users will follow.
Click here to begin your application to access ClinicalConnect, the Regional Clinical Viewer for the connecting South West Ontario (cSWO) Program, funded by eHealth Ontario.
Other Agreement-Related Documentation:
- ClinicalConnect Terms & Conditions
- ClinicalConnect User Agreement
- ClinicalConnect Services & Support Reference Guide
- Summary of LRA Responsibilities for new LRAs appointed under new Participation Agreement (as of July 5, 2017 Effective Date)
Need more information?
For more information about becoming a Participant, please contact your LHIN’s cSWO Change Management & Adoption Delivery Partner:
ESC: TransForm Shared Service Organization, cSWO@transformsso.ca
SW: South West Region Change Management and Adoption Delivery Partner, cSWO@sw.ccac-ont.ca
WW: eHealth Centre of Excellence, firstname.lastname@example.org
HNHB: Health Information Technology Services (HITS) eHealth Office at Hamilton Health Sciences, info@HITSeHealth.ca