ClinicalConnect's EMR Download
What is ClinicalConnect EMR Download?
ClinicalConnect Electronic Medical Record (EMR) Download, in conjunction with your EMR Vendor, allows physicians to electronically download patient information from ClinicalConnect, such as Blood Bank, Lab, Microbiology, Pathology, Radiology Reports and Transcriptions from hospitals located in the HNHB Local Health Integration Network, into their office’s electronic medical record systems.
Which facilities’ data can be downloaded from ClinicalConnect into my office's EMR?
To see what data can be downloaded into your EMR, click here.
Please note as of December 2, 2017, data from St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton, excluding Labs, will not be available using EMR Download but SJHH’s Transcription and Radiology reports can be received using Health Report Manager (HRM). For more information about HRM, please contact:
Phone – Local: 416-623-1248
Phone – Toll Free: 1-866-339-1233
Transformational Analyst & Primary Care Sector Lead
HITS eHealth Office
cSWO Change Management & Adoption Delivery Partner team for HNHB LHIN
Why use ClinicalConnect EMR Download?
- Results in a timely and more comprehensive integration of patient information.
- Reduces the turnaround time of receiving hard copy patient information from HNHB LHIN hospital encounters.
- Reduces the amount of manual work required to integrate hard copy records into your EMR.
Click here to read a short case study about how a Hamilton-based family practice office has benefitted from using ClinicalConnect’s EMR Download.
Which EMR vendors are currently offering the EMR Download service?
- OSCAR (multiple vendors)
- QHR Technologies (Accuro)
- Practice Solutions (Telus)
- MedTel Software (Adjuvant)
How does ClinicalConnect’s EMR Download work?
ClinicalConnect’s EMR Download takes information already contributed by HNHB LHIN hospitals to ClinicalConnect, and uses Health Level Seven (HL7) messaging standard to securely deliver the data into the physician’s office EMR. The physician must work with their office's EMR vendor to implement the upload procedure. Please see our EMR Download Process Chart.
To view a complete list of EMR Download educational resources, click here.
How do I get access to ClinicalConnect’s EMR Download or change information about my existing EMR Download access?
All users requesting ClinicalConnect EMR Download must first have access to ClinicalConnect, the secure web-based portal.
If you do not have access to ClinicalConnect: click here.
If you have access to ClinicalConnect and would like to request ClinicalConnect EMR Download: complete the form by clicking here. Remember to click on the “Submit by Email” button at the bottom of the form. If you are unable to submit this form, please complete, save and email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have access to ClinicalConnect and EMR Download, and would like to move/add/change information about your EMR Download access (including new IP Address changes): complete the form by clicking here. Remember to click on the “Submit by Email” button at the bottom of the form. If you are unable to submit this form, please complete, save and email the form to email@example.com.
Note: if your IP address has changed and you need to advise us so EMR Download continues to function properly, remember to fill out the IP field 13 rows down on the form. If you are not sure what your static IP address is, run What Is My IP Address on the computer that is running EMR Download, record the number (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx) on the form and submit.