The ClinicalConnect Provider Portal is the tool by which certain health care providers (Participants), each of which is a health information custodian under the Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004 (PHIPA), have agreed to provide access to patient personal health information under their care and control to other Participants and their agents who have been registered as Authorized Users of the Portal.
- Access is available to hospitals, healthcare facilities and providers involved in the “circle of care” for a patient
- Privacy and security policies and controls, procedures, training programs serve to protect patient information
- All access is tracked and logged with ongoing auditing managed by Privacy Officers
- ClinicalConnect Privacy Officers and Privacy Committee span all LHINs with Participants
- ClinicalConnect data is securely encrypted
- A combination of industry standards for authentication, authorized and auditing safeguard data
- A third-party security company determined ClinicalConnect has the appropriate security controls in place to safeguard privacy of patient information
Please read the ClinicalConnect Terms & Conditions for complete details about accessing ClinicalConnect.
For more information about ClinicalConnect in regards to privacy matters, please contact:
ClinicalConnect Program Office
Phone: 905-577-8270 ext. 9