Protecting Your Privacy
How is your health information protected in ClinicalConnect?
All healthcare organizations participating in ClinicalConnect are required by the Personal Health Information Protection Act (PHIPA) to protect patient privacy and the security of information. ClinicalConnect implements the highest standards of privacy and security in our commitment to you and all patients to protect your health care information.
- Healthcare providers regulated by law and professional code of conduct
- Access your information for authorized purposes only
- Your information can only be accessed by health care professionals who are directly involved in your “circle of care”
- Ensure and protect the privacy, security and confidentiality of your information
- All access is logged and subject to audits
Click here to read ClinicalConnect’s Statement of Information Practices
It is your right to withdraw your consent to have your personal health information viewed, used and disclosed via ClinicalConnect. You may access and correct your personal health information at any time. Please contact the Privacy Office of the healthcare organization that contributed your personal health information for viewing in ClinicalConnect for more information on accessing, correcting or withdrawing your personal health information in ClinicalConnect. If you require assistance in determining which healthcare organization contributed your personal health information for viewing in ClinicalConnect, please contact the ClinicalConnect Program Office at 905-577-8270 ext. 9.
- ClinicalConnect data is securely encrypted and access is available to hospitals, healthcare facilities, and providers involved in the “circle of care”
- All access to ClinicalConnect is tracked and logged with ongoing auditing managed by Privacy Contacts
- Privacy and security policies, controls, procedures and training programs serve to protect patient information
- ClinicalConnect Privacy Contacts and Privacy Advisory Committee Members span all Local Health Integration Networks (LHINs) with Participant Organizations
For more information about ClinicalConnect privacy practices or to raise a concern you have with our practices, please contact:
ClinicalConnect Program Office
Phone: 905-577-8270 ext. 9
You have the right to contact the Information and Privacy Commissioner/Ontario if you think we have violated your rights. The Commissioner can be reached at:
Information and Privacy Commissioner/Ontario
2 Bloor Street East, Suite 1400
Toronto, Ontario M4W 1A8
Please do not send personal health information via email.