Resource Centre - Trending & Graphing Lab Results
Lab trending and graphing can be performed on results listed in the Component, Expanded, and List views.
To trend results:
1. Make sure Select similar is enabled. When this option is enabled you can click on a single test result and ClinicalConnect will automatically select all results with the same test name.
Select Similar enabled:
Select Similar disabled:
If Select Similar is disabled, click the X once to change it to enabled.
2. Select the test or component you want to trend. In the example below, the Potassium component is selected from the List view.
If Select Similar is enabled you would notice that all instances of Potassium are selected.
3. Click the Trend button.
All Potassium results are displayed in the Lab Trending portion of the screen.
4. Click the trended component in the Lab Trended view to display the graph view of the trended data. To hide the graph from this view, click the lab test again.
Multiple lab values can be difficult to read if they are plotted closely on the graph. The new zoom feature allows you to select a section of a graph and zoom into that section to get a better view of the multiple points of data.
This feature is available in both the Labs module and the Patient Timeline.
To zoom into a lab graph:
1. Click and drag your cursor over the portion of the graph you want to zoom in on.
2. Release your mouse button to zoom in. Click the Reset zoom button to reset the graph to its original size.