Resource Centre - Worklist
The Worklist tab displays a list of patients added manually using the Worklist feature. A Worklist is useful if you want to create your own patient list. This eliminates the need to always search for a patient each time you want to access their record.
Adding a Patient to your Worklist from Patient Search Results or Census Lists
There are a couple ways to can add a patient to your Worklist. You can add a patient to your Worklist from your list of patient search results or from a Census list.
To add a patient to your Worklist:
1. Perform a Simple or Advanced Search, or bring up one of your census lists.
2. The Add Patient icon appears in the last column of all patient search result or census list. Click the Add Patient icon.
Make sure you scroll your patient list as far to the right as possible if you are having trouble seeing the Add Patient icon.
3. If you are not the provider of record for the patient you’re trying to add, you will receive an override message first before you can add the patient to your Worklist. See the Provider of Record Override page to learn more about patient overrides.
4. From the Worklist Confirm window, select one of the three options to set how long the patient will remain on your Worklist then click the OK button.
- Only when I remove them – The patient remains on your Worklist until you manually remove them from the Worklist.
- At Discharge – The patient remains on your Worklist until they are discharged.
- X Days after Discharge – You stipulate the number of days the patient remains on your Worklist after they are discharged.
Adding a Patient to your Worklist from the Patient’s Record
A second way to add a patient to your Worklist is from the patient’s record.
1. To add the patient to your worklist, click the Add Patients to Worklist icon in displayed in the patient header.
2. From the Worklist Confirm window, select one of the three options to set how long the patient will remain on your Worklist as described previously, then click the OK button.
Removing a Patient to your Worklist
You can manually remove patients from your Worklist at any time.
To remove a patient from your Worklist:
1. Access your Worklist from your Census view by clicking Census at the top of your screen then clicking the Worklist tab.
2. The Remove Patient icon is displayed in the last column of the Worklist. Click the Remove Patient icon to remove the patient from your Worklist.
3. The icon will change to the Add Patient icon indicating the patient is now removed from your Worklist. The next time you refresh your Worklist that patient will no longer appear.
You can also remove the patient from your Worklist if you are in the patient’s record by clicking the same Remove Patient icon in the header.
The Worklist tab has it’s own set of preferences that can be accessed and configured by clicking the Preferences button in the module header. You can also change your Default Census View by selecting the options from the dropdown list.
After updating your preference settings, click the Save & Apply button to save your changes.
To learn more about the various preference setting options, please visit the Common Preference Settings in ClinicalConnect section.